Sunday, April 19, 2015

Things I tell myself I'll never forget.

I remember my 3rd grade class making fun of my because I went by my middle name and not my first name. I quickly made my mom call the school and take my first name off of the records so I would only be on the roll as Berkeley Anderson.

I remember the day I found out about Bryce. Tuesday, August 7, 2012. I was eating a raspberry shake in Bear Lake.

I remember when my mom would make me a lunch everyday, complete with a little note from her.

I remember when I was the one who finished the times table quizzes first every time.

I remember when people started only pointing out my flaws.

I remember being so excited to grow up, but now I'm not so sure about it.

I remember my first guitar recital and I how I wore a white turtle neck with a blue printed poncho.

I remember seeing that old man all by himself at the cemetery.

I remember figuring out how to use cruise control. Truly life changing.


I remember waking up at my grandma's house in my purple pj's and her telling me her school colors were purple and white. She would always do the school cheer "Purple and white, fight fight fight!"

I remember my hello kitty toaster, crayons, shirt, journal, stuffed animals, backpack, and sweats.

I remember stepping on barbed wire.

I remember climbing the giant tree that stood in my front yard. I remember the day my mom had it cut down while we were at school.

I remember playing night games with the whole neighborhood.

I remember living on sunflower drive.


I remember sneaking into the kitchen, climbing onto the counter, and taking a package of gushers before my mom could see me. Then hoping she wouldn't notice them slowly disappearing.

I remember when I accidentally flipped someone off on the bus in 1st grade. Sorry, I didn't know middle fingers said so much.

I remember my black pug, Syd.

I remember 7th grade picture day and how my mom went to the hospital that morning because of blood clot.

I remember my neighbor who made me scared of my own cat.

I remember going to the hospital at midnight because cancer was taking over my aunt. I remember going home and trying to find all the birthday cards she sent me.

I remember the first time someone told me I couldn't do it.

I remember going to the movies for the first time with just my friends and no 

parents.

I remember the day High School Musical came out on Disney Channel. I was at dance so my mom recorded it on two different VHS tapes. I came home and watched it on a little TV in my basement with Claire Mod.

I remember throwing rocks at the mailman and hiding in the trees.

I remember knowing that nobody cared about what I was trying to say.

I remember when I thought all my dreams would come true.

I remember telling myself I would never forget the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment