Monday, March 2, 2015

(silence)

The silence says so much. 
No one is saying a word but you can hear what everyone is trying to say. 
I wish I could have done more. 
I wish I had been a better friend. 
I wish I would've known.

I'm here. 
I'm here. 
I'm here. 

August 7, 2012. The day suicide became even more real to me than I ever wanted it to be. Finding out my childhood best friend had taken his life was too make to take in. A massive wave of 8 years of memories came flooding back to me. Cheese bread. Fantastic Four. Bus rides. Memories I would always cherish and never forget. I'll never forget you Bryce Edwin Nielsen. 

I'll remember. 
I'll remember.
I'll remember. 

Obituaries are the most interesting things.  They are never long enough. There is so much that needs to be said but not enough is said. There will never be enough said. You get a few short paragraphs to sum up someone's entire life. How are you supposed to hit every accomplishment, every trial, every success, every person they affected, every little thing you want to acknowledge. That darn obituary will never give justice to the lives they all lived. 

There's so much more.
There's so much more.
There's so much more.

To the kids who feel unwanted. To the kids who feel they go unnoticed. To the kids who just want to give up. To the kids who keep pushing through. To the kids who feel life is too hard. To the kids who think they'll never be good enough. To the kids who are trying their very best. To the kids who feel like things will never get better.


Keep trying.
Keep trying.
Keep trying.

For Bryce. 
For Hunter. 
For Terik. 
For anyone. 
For everyone.  

You are loved. 
You are loved. 
You are loved. 

And don't you ever forget it.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Everyone needs to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Obituaries are the most interesting thing. They are never long enough." Holy crap yes. Everyone should have a novel written on their life. I loved that line.

    ReplyDelete