Friday, March 27, 2015

marco...polo

Last summer I visited Paris, but it's nothing like the Paris I'm in right now. The street corner cafes, the chocolate croissants, the thousands of tourists, the many souvenir shops, the rain, the artists on the streets. It all was amazing, but just a tourist experience. Now I feel like I am a part of Paris and it is a part of me. The posts about ex-lovers, cancer, memories, death, dreams, and this thing called life. That is what truly took me to Paris, and now I'm never going to leave. I didn't feel like I fully experienced Paris when I was there for 4 days last summer, but now I feel like I belong in Paris.

{if you really knew me}

You would know that people always tell me they've 
never seen me wear the same outfit twice, but I feel like 
I wear the same things every single week.

You would know that I appreciate nature in a different way 
than most people do. I'll be driving with friends and point 
out how beautiful that mountain looks with the sun hitting it or 
how cool those clouds look, and they don't see anything but 
how weird I am for pointing something like that out.

You would know that my favorite drink from the Slurp 
right now is Pepsi with mango and raspberry syrup and a fresh 
lime. It reminds me of those push-pop popsicles I would 
want to eat everyday in elementary school.

You would know that I almost never wear my 
hair up. I feel so self conscious when I don't 
have my hair around my face.

You would know I have the biggest heart. I feel bad for 
anything and everything. I will feel bad about things for 
weeks, the things that don't even phase other people. 
(like that girl I cut off on my way to school, or for the 
kid I saw sitting by himself at lunch and I just walked 
by him, or for almost running over my neighbors cat, or 
for not saying hi to that random person walking in the 
hall, or for that old man I saw driving alone)

{if you really knew me}

In a game of "first impressions" I was told by someone that their first 
impression of me was in chemistry and that I am actually a lot smarter
than what I appeared to be.
                                                                                    ...do I take that as a compliment?

(Maybe it's best if we keep all of our first impressions to 
ourselves? Or is it better to share them?)


The other day I was told that I have good eye sight. Just because I could read the bumper stickers on the back of some white Honda Civic. Well will that make hitting the orange publish button any easier? Will that make me any better at writing these blog posts?

I never thought I could write (and I still don't think I can), but this class has taught me that who freaking cares. I learned from Remy in Ratatouille that anyone can cook, and this class has shown me that anyone can write.

You were calling Marco, and I'm finally saying Polo.
You've found me and I can't hide any longer.

<3/ Berkeley Anderson



{I hope you keep reading}

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hahah that was lame, i'm sorry.

      i love your blog

      Delete
  2. Haha. Some very good lines here. I love that you compared the real Paris to our LP Paris. The first impression insult. And the eye sight thing. As if that makes posting easier.

    So many insightful points in this. And yes, I will keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Berkeley. You are so happy and great and you are beautiful in 12 different ways. (If that's possible)

    Your blog is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Berkeley!!! I love you!!! I feel like it's totally true that you have a really big heart. I love your simple statement "Anyone can write." so true. so truuuue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good! Thank you for opening up to us Berkeley. You are simply amazing :)

    ReplyDelete