Sunday, March 15, 2015

People watching.

I see you over there.

You with the pink hair. 
You with the fat wallet. 
You with the cigarette butt. 
You with the sunglasses on. 
You with the perfect make up. 
You with the messy hair. 
You with the baggy sweatshirt.
You with the cardboard sign. 
You with the tattoo on your arm. 
You with the bucket hat. 
You with the camera around your neck. 
You with the car nicer than my house. 
You with the button up shirt. 
You with the tears in your eyes. 
You with the band aid over your heart. 
You showing off your best smile. 

I see you over there. 

I wonder how your life is. 
I wonder if you're okay. 
I wonder if you feel loved. 
I wonder if you have a place to call home. 
I wonder if you want more friends. 
I wonder if you feel good about yourself. 
I wonder if you like your job. 
I wonder if you're happy. 
I wonder if you like the way you look.
I wonder if you feel noticed. 

I see you over there. 

I hope you know I see you. 
I hope you know I've noticed you. 
I hope you know you matter. 
I hope you know you're needed. 
I hope you know you are loved. 

I see you over there. 

2 comments:

  1. simple yet effective. thumbs up to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually like repetition. But you killed this and I love it.

    ReplyDelete