Sunday, March 15, 2015

I'm afraid.

I'm afraid of forgetting. 
Forgetting all the things I tell myself I want 
to remember forever.

I'm afraid of driving in the snow.
I'm afraid I'm not doing enough. 
I'm afraid I won't live up to their expectations. 
I'm afraid I won't reach my full potential. 
I'm afraid of losing a loved one. 
I'm afraid of cooking rice too long. 
I'm afraid of getting lost. 
I'm afraid of the future.

I'm afraid of the dark and all the things it 
holds. But I'm also afraid of the light because it 
can discover so much. 

I'm afraid of sleeping in.
I'm afraid of not caring enough. 
I'm afraid of spiders.
I'm afraid of death. 
I'm afraid of life. 
I'm afraid of winning.
I'm afraid of losing. 
I'm afraid to ride on airplanes. 
I'm afraid of what I've done wrong. 

Because the future is so big and the tiniest things 
can change it entirely. 

I'm afraid of heights. 
I'm afraid of not saying enough. 
I'm afraid of making decisions. 
I'm afraid of money. 
I'm afraid of confidence. 
I'm afraid of what people think of me. 
I'm afraid of becoming someone who I'm not. 
I'm afraid of not knowing what to say. 

I'm afraid of my regrets. 
Like wishing I had said "hi" to that person or 
wishing I had taken that chance or wishing I could go 
back in time to change something. 

I'm afraid. 
I'm afraid. 
I'm afraid. 

And I wish I wasn't so afraid. 


1 comment:

  1. "Because the future is so big and the tiniest things
    can change it entirely." I liked all of this. and the fear about overcooking rice is too real in my own life.

    ReplyDelete